The Cutest Blog on the Block

Sunday, December 16, 2012

Alam ko ito. Ipinapamuhay ko ito. Mahal ko ito.



My "3" words for 2012
 Dec. 16, 2012
If you don't know what I said in the subject heading, it just means. "I know it. I live it. I love it." haha
How's it going family?!
Well, Christmas is only a week or so away, how quickly it is coming, and how how exciting!!!!
This week has been an exciting week...it was TRANSFER WEEK...and of course, as expected...I did NOT transfer. haha Sis. Valera and I are doing great, and going to enjoy our last transfer being together, because we will be finishing the training program at the end of this transfer. It's been fun to watch her grow, and be a part of that process. It's also kind of funny because while I'm with these new missionaries, I realize so much about myself, and how much I've changed...and it makes me laugh. haha especially as we were sitting on the floor (the house was a bamboo house...or bahay kubu) and as we were teaching, we saw this huge daga (rat) crawl across the floor in front of us, it didn't touch us, but it went right by us, and Sis. Valera just screamed and moved around. hahaha I just looked at her, looked and watched the rat, and then went on with the lesson. hahaha Then...I just laughed afterwards....because that totally was my reaction. hahah I can't believe that didn't affect me. haha It was funny. A lot of times stuff like that has happened...and it just makes me laugh.
Last night the Vinluan family had us over for dinner. Sis. Valera started laughing as we started running home cuz we were going to be late for curfew, and of course, we need to be home on time...it was soo funny, we just got to the staircase and just collapsed laughing...that was her first experience doing that....that's happened way too many times to me here in the mission.
Because this week was transfer week, Sis. Carr transferred to Dagupan, so she is no longer there. I'm the only American in the apartment now...and now we're multicultural because Sis. Alvaro is now training...she just finished being trained and she went directly to be a trainer. She is soo great, and her companion is from Sri Lanka...and she hasn't had any language training yet...so guess who gets to be her teacher...yep...me :) It was sooo funny...Sis. Valera wanted to film me yesterday because I was trying to speak english to her...and I really was struggling soo hard. hahaha It was soo funny....if I get going and speak in english, it becomes easy...but sometimes I really do stumble and it's hard. It's been fun to teach tagalog...I'm soo glad that I've overcome that challenge...and I'm so grateful for the gift of tongues. I just kept telling Sis. Navarthba (from sri lanka) that the gift of tongues is real....but you have to work for it first...don't think it's a free gift. But if you do your part, you will be blessed with that gift. From my first few days here in the Pines, until now, I have seen that gift time after time, and I am so grateful for it.  It was kinda funny I started to cry as I was teaching her yesterday...as I thought of the so many times when I first got here and I was soo frustrated and I felt useless because I can't help the people if I don't know what they're saying...and how I learned that...if I try and do my part, the Lord really will give you spiritual impressions, and help you understand if you are patient enough.
Oh...I do have to tell you something funny. For whatever reason we were telling stories about our families, and I mentioned that in our family my Dad always says "You know what?" to us and that we always say "You love me" because if you respond "what?!" He just says "I love you!" so we try and answer him instead of ask! So...it was funny, because usually before we go to bed I always say "Mahal Kita Sis. Valera. Matamis na panaginip" Or "I love you sis. Valera, sweet dreams" so...before I got the chance to, she said "Sis. Allen. You know what?" hahah i just laughed soo hard..and told her...it's just not the same when you say it...and when my dad says it...but I know you love me. hahaha It was funny, so now we've adapted that...so now every night I think of dad as I say to Sis. Valera. "Sis. Valera, Alam mo ba?" or (you know what) haha...it's funny :)
Yesterday was their primary program, they are soo cute. We have 4 investigators that are children still, and it was cute to see them participate in the program. The sad part was, or the problem, was that their parents (who are less active members) didn't come to church because they were "busy" so they missed out on seeing the children perform...sayang. That seriously is the challenge.  All of the little kids want to come to church, and their parents don't want to be bothered, so they have no support....and there are other missionaries who have baptized these little kids, and because they don't have any support...they just fall away and become inactive...until they're in their mid 30's and have married another person of another faith and have no interest in the church anymore, and then we find them and start teaching their children...it's just a pattern that keeps going on that needs to be broken here. Anyways...we're trying really hard. Fellowshipping is difficult here, not because we don't have people, but because they're always "busy."
Anyways...with fasting and prayer...we'll figure out how to help them...and what to teach them so they become more excited about helping others come unto Christ too...and become member missionaries.
Anyways, I love you all I'm out of time
xoxox
TALK to you...and I mean literally TALK to you next week!!! :)
Anyways, we really had a great week...again...of course...and I know this next week is going to be great too. We have our TriZone Conference, so I should have lots of great pictures for you next week....we also have our ward christmas party. Sis. Valera and I are in charge of the games, so that should be pretty fun. :)


Sincerely,

No comments:

Post a Comment