The Cutest Blog on the Block

Monday, October 8, 2012

Last Weeks E-mail

Oct 1, 2012
This week, well, I'm running short on time so I'll be short, simple and to the point :) This week was National Family Week here in the Philippines. So all of the members in all of the Philippines all celebrated. They read part in church about families too and as I was listening I couldn't help but count my blessings for my family. I only hope that one day I can be half as great a parent as mine. Seriously, I do not know what I did to deserve such great parents. It seems every thing they listed that families should do; my parents did it. I know that the gospel really does bless families.

When friday rolled around- I still didn't know what I was going to do because we were lacking in referrals and new investigators for this week. I seriously prayed and asked for help because I really didn't know where to go or who to ask or what to do. Anyways, just another testament that God really does answer our prayers. By the end of the day he had answered my prayer by some miracle we had 2 referrals and 2 new investigators. It never ceases to amaze me that even if it's the slightest thing that we ask for, if its according to his will, and we are patient and obedient, he will answer.

Yesterday was sunday- we went to church at 9am, and we didn't leave the chapel till 8pm. haha it was a long day, but it was really great. We met with our newly called RS president who is just awesome, and since sadly, we know the sisters better than they do, where the live, their needs, and the less actives- and they've never had a vt program so they don't know what its supposed to be like...anyways we helped them, and we set up 4 different supervisors- each companion is to visit 3 sisters- I know its asking a lot...but kaya nila iyan. Anyways, I left the church, and even though Sis. Perina said her head hurt, and so did mine...I still had a really rewarding feeling- we're trying our best, and we're making a difference in Carmen ward- because honestly the work they do if they can learn how to work together as a relief society will have a far greater impact than what the 2 or 4 of us misisonaries can do. Their is strength in numbers- and I know this ward is capable of doing so much good, I',m excited to see the plan in action.

well thats all for this week,
love you




No comments:

Post a Comment