The Cutest Blog on the Block

Sunday, November 18, 2012

What Another Great Week!!!!



We had a party at one of the member's houses- It was
Sister Carr's one year anniversary!
  Nov 18, 2012

This week was awesome!!! I got to see recent converts that I had in my first area, they found out I got transferred to Binmaley and....they came to our ward! haha It was soo great to see them, and now...I can actually talk to them for real! haha :) I was soo excited you have no idea!
This week...we worked so hard...I actually don't think I've worked this hard my entire mission...I am soo tired....but happy!! haha :) We found 13 less actives for the week, and we now have 15 new investigators this week....I'm really lucky, once again to have a companion that loves to work :) We are now getting familiarized with the area...actually it's really crazy, I would consider myself "Kabao" or forgetful most of the time, but here, I feel like Heavenly Father has really helped me to be able to remember the people and the places. I don't know if I mentioned that last time, but it's been such a great tender mercy that he's given to me. I just talk to these people once, and I can remember their names and where they live. I could tell you almost all the names of the streets and areas here in Binmaley....and I know that's not me...that's completely the Lord helping me. Sometimes when we're riding a trike I"ll feel prompted to get off...so we do, and it happens to be right in front of the persons house we were looking for.  It's been such a blessing for me to know that I really am not alone...well of course, I have my great companion...and of course, God.
We've decided prayers are really powerful. Yes, you would think we would have known that before...but this week....it was tuesday night, and we were starving cuz we ate lunch at 12:00 and it was now 9:00 at night, we were heading home, but we decided to stop by the Lopez' first...because they said if we want dinner, we have a dinner appointment every night, we just pick up dinner and go. haha they're soo great, they're like family I love them. Anyways, we decided to go by their house and see what Sis. Lopez had cooked. I told Sis. Valera I was praying it was Lechon Manok (or...barbeque chicken I think...that's what it means in english?!) Anyways...its my favorite...and guess what. We got there...and Sis. Valera just smiled and we laughed...I told her I prayed that it would be that...and yep...it was! Then....Saturday was another really long day and we hadn't eaten anything...and I ate cereal for lunch...so I was kinda hungry. Anyways....I said I was hungry....and our next apointment....first time meeting her...she brought out a "merienda" Merienda means snack....yes!!! I was soo excited...we got crackers and juice....that same day...we were still hungry and mentioned it to each other....then...bam next appointment...my merienda naman again! hahaha.Heavenly Father is making sure we're well fed apparently, haha.  Of course...I don't eat very much now...I've learned to say no...or else I seriously would be coming home 2 times the size I was before I left...now this is what we call, if I haven't mentioned it to you before the "sexy six" so...the last 6 months....you get your body back to...as close as possible...as normal....hahahaha So....anyways...God answering our prayers...even as small as they were....just shows you how aware he is of us. haha and...it was another tender mercy from Him.
In Relief Society last week and this week we talked about Kindness...and the role of mothers and parents and having a good relationship for your children. They of course, asked us for additional comments. And they all laughed as I was trying to say what Mom always told us "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all". but...if you translate that to tagalog it's "kung wala kang mabuting sasabihin, huwag ka na lang magsasalita." hahahaha It sounds sooo rude in tagalog, so they all laughed when I told them my mom always told me that when I was growing up. haaha Anyways, they talked about parents still loving each other and showing that affection so their children know how to treat their spouse one day. I was also happy to tell them. Even though my parents have been married for over 45? years...when My Dad comes home from work, he still finds my mom first thing, gives her a hug and kiss and tells her he missed her. Awww.....they were touched. hahaha it was funny, and I told them about just the little things you always did when we were growing up, the culture is so different here. You rarely hear an "I love you"....don't get me wrong, the Filipino people are the sweetest most loving people....soo giving...but they show their love differently than verbally....but they want to change...they want to say "I love you" more often. Anyways...it was just cute to see their reactions.
As I was sitting there in sacrament a few weeks ago, I didn't have time to mention it to you, but it was my first week and I remember the lyrics of hymn 169 written by L. Tom Perry really stuck out to me. It says there: "The way to thee is righteousness, the way thy life was spent...with hands now pledged to do thy work, we take the sacrament. As now we praise thy name with song, the blessings of this day will linger in our thankful hearts, and silently we pray. For courage to accept thy will, to listen and obey, we love thee, Lord; our hearts are full. We'll walk thy chosen way." Tears filled my eyes, how grateful I am for the Atonement of Jesus Christ. I just thought about my thankful heart, and how my hands, especially now are pledged to do his work. I have seen countless times over the past 14 months how the Lord has led me by the hand and taken me on paths that I never thought I would go, or didn't know how to get there. But, if your hands are pledged to do his work....if we love him. If we truly listen and obey...we WILL walk His chosen way.
On a funnier note... we were heading to this less actives' house, and we ran into this man, and he was drunk. And He was soo funny. He said "Wow, there's an Americana here, wow. You know, my Dad is Mormon....But I'm not mormon yet. I'm still a filipino. I'm not mormon" He just kept saying that over and over it was hilarious. I'm not mormon, i'm a filipino. haha we laughed soo hard.
oh what else....we also found this other less active for the first time. And...yep, you guessed it...when we found him...he was drinking alcohol...just sitting on his porch hanging out. We asked him if he was this man "Caezar Avalos" and he said nope. there's no Avalos' here. Then someone called his name from afar and said "Cezar" hahaha it was sooo funny, we totally felt prompted to stop and talk to him too...we knew it was him. It's like an adventure and mystery here seriously...I love it! :)
Anyways, that's all I have to say this week, I love you all and I am so grateful for you, especially because next week is Thanksgiving. I am soo grateful too for my country, for all of our freedom and privileges that we have. I am so grateful for the Gospel. I am so grateful that I know of God's plan for all of us, and I am so grateful that he has trusted me for this short period of time to do his work.
I love you all
xoxox
Love Sis Allen
P.S. I totally want to change the name of my blog from "Bahala ka" because...now I actually know what that means. I think the new name of my blog should be "Sulit Talaga". I think those are my favorite words, I say them numerous times every day. It means "It's worth it". I think in every lesson I always leave with saying that I know it's not very easy to follow the commandments, i know sometimes it's hard...but...It's worth it. Sulit Talaga.
Anyways
I love you
xoxo
So you may think that's grass under us,
but it's not.  It's like a dirty pond.  Sis. Valera was
freaking out.  We were just praying we didn't fall.
It was so shakey and unstable.
But it's okay!  We're alive!



No comments:

Post a Comment