The Cutest Blog on the Block

Monday, August 13, 2012

Never A Dull Moment :)


Off we go now to Rosales--Me and my new companion,
Sis. Perina.  She is soo cute...and soo little! I look like
a giant here!

Us Sisters at transfer day.  I love them!
Aug 13, 2012
Well Hello! So...yep, never a dull moment here in the Pines. We just laugh when something funny happens....like when we're riding in a tricycle with no bubong (or roof) and it's pouring rain...so we're all huddled together in this little tricycle that normally fits 3 people, and we're holding up our umbrellas as Bro. Gonzales is driving us soaking wet...haha we just stop and say "only in the Philippines" and then laugh. hahaha
Tuesday, we went to the dentist for Sis. Ragragio- she had a filling fall out. Well, while we were there I was in the waiting room. The news was on- I saw the may "baha" or floods there in Manila, but I was trying to avoid it and it was okay, I could tune it out, because it's "bawal" or we're not allowed, of course to watch tv. Anyways, all of a sudden I hear english...and it's blasting from the tv- the receptionist turned it on to a movie- in English- maybe cuz she thought I didn't understand the tagalog, I don't know...anyways I just saw "jack black and some strippers" and my eyes got really big and turned around I couldn't tune out the bad langugage cuz it was soo loud. My eyes started to got teary eyed and I started to sing "Heavenly Father, are you really there" the A child's prayer song.   hahaha The receptionist was gone so I couldn't ask her to change it, there was no off button on the TV....and I felt dirty. haha I can tell already I'm probably gonna have a hard time adjusting back to real life. hahaha now I can laugh at it, but at the time I really just felt gross inside...that was kinda a funny experience.
Wednesday we found out that Sis. Ragragio got transferred! That was really unexpected because usually they stay longer than just 1 transfer (6 weeks) in one area- and I have been here for 5 months now...in Carmen. Anyways, she was shocked, but okay with it. I'm here...still :) It's okay with me, I love the people here! We also had a baptism wed night, Sis. Alexa Uminga & Ginalyn Marzan! They're 2 of my favorite kids here :) It was sweet!
Friday- well, Sis. Ragragio and I got picked up by the elders in the Jeepney and she was all packed....we said our goodbyes in Urdaneta, and I met my new companion. My Panganay hehe (my first born) She is such a doll...we saw 2 sisters walk in that are fresh from the Manilla mtc and all the sisters turned to me and said "that one is gonna be your daughter" and they pointed to Sis. Parina. I thought the same thing..hehe she is sooo cute..and little! I just love her! She is so easy to love! And...she doesn't need a trainer. She came already trained. :) Anyways, I can tell this is going to be a great next 12 weeks. :) 
I finally got up the courage to approach our RS President (you have to be careful around her, and she doesn't want to do her calling) anyways I just said, Sis. Damasco- I need your help. We have these 15 focus names, and some of them are sisters- can we meet with you and your presidency and discuess how we can help them? Thanks! She said YES! haha :) I'm excited- so yes, finally we will hopefully see some progress with the RS.
Also, we will be having a training workshop this Friday. We've asked our DL to come with us to the workshop and help give it. The EQ president here wants us to train the home & visiting teachers because they want to visit the less actives and do their assignment, but they  don't know HOW. So...we're going to do some role-plays and teach them how to approach the situation. It should be exciting!
This Sunday Carlos Marquez came to church again. After 5 months of going to him, he is now finally coming to church. We taught him Saturday, and he said that he will continue to go to church every week- because he noticed blessings in his life come to him- he didn't feel like elaborating- but he noticed a difference, that made me happy :) He's seeing the light unti-unti.
This week, I have never felt so unadequate in my entire mission, I have had a lot of thoughts go through my head like "What in the world was president thinking...why am I the trainer?" haha It makes me want to cry when I think about how now I am  in the position of Sis. Fajardo- I remember her telling me she only had 7 months left in the mission and I thought wow...you're almost done..I still have 18. haha that's forever...but it's not. It goes by soo fast- too fast. I know this work is true with all my heart, and I know that I am blessed to be a part of it.
Well, this should be another great week, the work is soo true and great. I love you all! Give everyone my love there, especially Melissa....I am praying for her, I am glad her surgery was successful, and I know the Lord will take care of her.
xoxoxo
Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment