The Cutest Blog on the Block

Monday, December 26, 2011

Maligayang Pasko!!!

December 25, 2011

<><><><>
<>
<><><><>
The Reyes Family - Wedding

Well Hello there! Long time, no talk! :) I think it's been...not even a full day yet!  It was soo good to hear all of your voices on the phone! Oh how it made me home sick...I was talking with Sis. Fajardo and I told her the same thing Mom, It's a really good thing they put an hour limit on the phone call, talking longer would have been worse. To answer your question about putting pics up- again it's your call, whatever you'd like to do! And I dont know what you're talking about...I'm the most patient person you know :) hahaha joke lang. Alam ko, I'm not.
I really don't have that much to talk about now because I just talked to you. Christmas was great, probably one of the most humbling I've ever had...for obvious reasons. Pres Jensen asked that we be in our appartments by 6 pm on the 24th, 25th, 31st and Jan 1st just to be safe, so we have been doing little projects since we still need to be productive and do good. So, we repaired all of the hymn books because it was bothering me...because they're all totally trashed. So we washed them, and pasted them back together...it was great! Also...we made little care packages or treat bags to hand out to all of the families on sunday for Christmas. It was fun, we went to a few members' houses on christmas eve and for christmas and all of them gave us a merienda (sp?) or a snack- which pretty much is a meal haha they love hot dogs here...yum....not haha and they put marshmallows on the end of the skewers- random I know. But they also like lumpia which is really delicious...and pansit of course- one of my favorites- it tastes kind of like top raman. Anyways, Brother Reyes fed us hot dogs over rice- sounds disgusting...i know, but seriously he used to be a chef and so his sauce that he put on it was soo good I asked him for the recipe- I'm going to try and imitate it tomorrow, we'll see how it goes. But anyways, I'm loving rice these days! haha
So at our mtg last sunday with the RS pres, I asked them if they all had a list of all of the RS sisters and a notebook or binder to hold all of their material together. They said no. The RS pres just has like a small notepad...400 women are dependent upon a little notepad. Crazy. So...thats my next project for them. I want to make sure they all have notebooks and also a list of all of the current RS women- so on the 31st and 1st I will go through and highlight all of the active women.
Things are getting a little more organized here- Christmas we had a good turn out with Less Actives- but we actually had 4 Investigators come with us to church. All of them are really progressing in their testimonies of the Gospel and have a real desire to be baptized I think...we'll see! 
It was so funny you mentioned in your phone call home that David Archuleta was serving a mission because EVERYONE is talking about him here, and how they all hope that he'll serve a mission here haha they LOVE him...no joke! They all love like sappy love songs, and just my kind of music...we walked into a Less Active members house and in their front room they had posters plastered of Justin Bieber and Kelly Clarkson it was hilarious, I thought i was in a pre-teen's bedroom for a minute! :)
Funny stories this week- ok well you may think they're not very funny- and maybe disgusting but I was in tears I was laughing soo hard. K so first we are walking on christmas day with Brother Ramon Reyes (recent RM) and a future Investigator, his friend and we are walking inbetween all of these fish ponds trying to just be careful not to fall in. And to the side I see this dead fish kind of flopped over this tree branch- but it was still kind of in the water. And Brother Ramon was like aw...another fish drowned again. And was so sad and serious and no one said anything. So like seriously 1 whole minute later I was still processing it and I was like "Wait...how does a fish drown?" hahahaha everyone busted up laughing. Sister Fajardo was like...joke lang....it's a joke hahaha It was funny! Then right after that we were trying to walk to Matalava area and we pass cows and sheep and just whatever animal you can think of we pass them ALL the time. The first week it was weird- but now no big deal. Anyways we pass this huge cow and all of a sudden as we're passing all of these cow pies start dropping like rain and I just look over totally disgusted. And all Sis Fajardo says is "Ooooh....wooooOW" haha it was soo funny. Ty say "wow" all the time in this cute little voice and it makes me laugh every time!!
Anyways, those were just some of the tender mercies the Lord gave me. In every home we taught this week we somehow tied in Alma 7: 10-12 and asked about what gift they had received from Jesus Christ this year, and what they could give to him. We would ask many what the purpose of Christmas is, and it seemed that their replies were all similar. "Time to be happy and spend time with family". I seriously was surprised that almost none of them mentioned the Savior and his Birth. I am so grateful for Jesus Christ and his birth. The Atonement has helped me in my life in more ways that I can possibly list, and I know without ang Simbahan ni JesuCristo ng mga banal sa mga huling araw I would be lost. I would not know my purpose in life. I love all of you, and wish you all the best especially during this Christmas Holiday, and may the spirit of Christmas last all year long! :)









 
Sincerely,



No comments:

Post a Comment