The Cutest Blog on the Block

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

The Standard of Truth


As I am sitting here, looking around, packing my room up, and trying to figure out how in the world I'm going to fit everything in two suitcases, I can't help but feel overwhelmed. These past months, as I've waited to leave on my mission have been some of the best months, but also most confusing in my life. I've had a lot of time to think about what I'm doing, and Why I'm doing it. Why the Gospel of Jesus Christ? Why is it important?

Today I opened my scriptures, and started reading, for whatever reason; Matthew 10:29. "He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it."  I know it's not coincidence that that was the scripture I read today. I know the answer to Why the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and I know Why it's important.

On my parents bedroom wall they have a quote that, for the last few months has really stood out to me. It reads:  "The Standard of truth has been erected.  No unhallowed hand will stop the work from progressing.  Persecutions may rage, mobs may combine, armies may assemble and calumny may defame.  But the truth of God will go forth boldly, nobly, and independent until it has penetrated every continent, visited every clime, swept every country and sounded in every ear; until the purposes of God shall be accomplished and the great Jehovah shall say, the work is done."

I am just 1 of over 52,000 Missionaries that the church has. Despite the imperfections of the Elders & Sisters who are sharing this message; the work will go forward.

As I post this final blog before leaving for the MTC in less than 24 hours, the main message I want to share is that this Gospel is true. There is something different about it, than any other church on this earth. That difference, is the truth. It is my testimony that if you humbly, and sincerely desire happiness...read the Book of Mormon. Then get down on your knees and ask God if it is true. Guaranteed; He will answer your prayer. This is the message I will be sharing over the next 18 months, and it is also the message I have come to know is true through my own experiences.

Here's to an adventure!!

Love,


1 comment:

  1. Best of luck Kim. We know you will be great. This is your mission in life to share the truth and beauty of the gospel. I know no better person to do it but you. Keep in touch.

    ReplyDelete